Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nacho Diaries 3

Pepito's Nachos
These are "authentic" nachos... individual chips with your choice of meat or beans and cheese. The chips are large and oblong with a taste and texture that resembles a breakfast pastry as much as a tortilla chip. The meat... chicken or pork is well-seasoned and prepared. There is not an overabundance of cheese which is a definite plus. They're a bit on the pricy side... I don't know if Pepito's has a happy hour price, but that would be nice. Also, there is a definite lack of veggies and variety of toppings.
Grade: B

Bar Abilene Nachos
I went to Bar Abilene to try out their amazing happy hour. I was planning on trying their guacamole, but the waiter recommended the nachos so I got them. Chips, chili, refried beans, lettuce, cheese, side of salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. I believe there were a few diced jalapenos too. It's really a pretty incredible deal for only $4.50. There was quite a bit of chili and beans which got a little heavy and soggied up the chips a little, but I never got to a point where I ran out of chips while having tons of leftover toppings. The amount of cheese was perfect. The salsa was fairly bland. I'm a fan.
Grade: B+

No comments: