Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Baby, It's Been So Long

I would like to remember today as the day I pretty much stayed in bed until 4pm and still felt like I had a productive day.

I spent the day recording a song in bed. I finished a song that I started writing about 2 years ago. I finished the final 2/3 of the lyrics and nailed down the arrangement. The song is fairly simple, but it means a lot to me because it combines romance and religion and perhaps drugs. That's a fine mix of things.

Around 4 I finally showered and walked over to Uptown Tattoo to give a friend her t-shirt back. Half a block away I somehow recognized Danny talking to Chelsea on the sidewalk. It was the first time I saw him since he came back from Italy. We went back to my place to get my wallet so we could go to a happy hour. On our way to the bar we decided to go to a liquor store instead. On our way to the liquor store we decided to just drink the gin that I had at home. Upon our arrival, we discovered that the tonic water was flat, so we went to the gas station. I also bought some of my new favorite incense: Indian Temple.

We each had 2 gin at tonics while talking about women, music, and drugs. Then we each had 3 tacos while talking about how good tacos taste. Then he left to go look at an apartment.

I left at about 8pm to go to band practice. It was very productive.

We practiced:
"Look On The Bright Side" - The song I finished today... folk+electronic+a Fleetwood Mac-esque hook?
"Ricky & Me" - Got a new feeling for this song. Think 50s high school girl pop band.
"Untitled" - The song about role reversal. We practiced it. Sounded tight at least, but I need to nail down it's identity.
"Becky" - Whatever easy peasy.

Now I'm home goodnight.

No comments: